- Franklin Graham, the evangelist preacher and son of Billy Graham, wrote a Facebook post comparing Republicans who supported impeachment to Judas’ betrayal of Jesus
- ‘It makes you wonder what the thirty pieces of silver were that Speaker Pelosi promised for this betrayal,’ Graham wrote in a Facebook post on Thursday
- In the Facebook post, Graham, an ardent supporter of Trump, acknowledged that ‘January 6 was a low point in his presidency’
- According to the New Testament, Judas Iscariot, a disciple of Jesus, is said to have received 30 silver coins from the Pharisees to betray Christ
- On Twitter, people reacted angrily to Graham’s post, saying they were offended by his apparent likening of President Trump to Jesus Christ
- Trump was impeached a second time Wednesday by 232-197 vote as 10 Republicans joined Democrats to charge him with incitement of insurrection
- Exactly a week after the MAGA mob stormed Capitol Hill, Trump entered history as the first president to be impeached twice
Franklin Graham, the evangelical preacher, son of the Rev. Billy Graham and ardent supporter of President Trump, compared the 10 Republican lawmakers who voted in favor of impeachment on Wednesday to Judas, who betrayed Jesus Christ.
In a lengthy Facebook post, Graham lashed out at the 10 members of Congress who joined the Democrats to impeach the president a second time – the only time in US history that a sitting commander-in-chief was impeached twice.
He then added: ‘It makes you wonder what the thirty pieces of silver were that Speaker Pelosi promised for this betrayal.’
According to the New Testament, Judas Iscariot, a disciple of Jesus, is said to have received 30 silver coins from the Pharisees in exchange for agreeing to hand him over before the Last Supper.